Monday, June 16, 2014

Studying the masters

Masterpieces reproductions:


In December 2012 I participated in a Color Workshop: 300 shades of white.
They say WHITE is the most difficult color to paint, in this workshop I studied it in depth, from color theory to practical applications, I saw how the Impressionism influenced color theory and clarified what artists instinctively knew before. To materialize this new understanding of color I did a copy of one of the paintings by the masters. You can see the original "The floor scrapers" at the Musée d'Orsay, in Paris, France.


In 2013 another workshop captured my attention. This time it was a Figure Workshop. Again through the Masters. I chose The Bather, by Ingres to studied the woman figure. This painting is a real size replica. 
The original painting is in the Louvre Museum in Paris, France.





No comments:

Post a Comment